After a first round which saw only six lower seeds beat their higher seeded counterpart, the Round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament lived up to the 'March Madness' hype.
It started on Saturday with the number one overall seed, Villanova Wildcats falling to eighth-seeded Wisconsin, 65-62. The other upset of the day featured 11-seed Xavier taking down a three-seed, Florida State, 91-66.
On Sunday more top teams tumbled including two two-seeds. The red hot Michigan Wolverines knocked off the Louisville Cardinals 73-69 to start the day, and the South Carolina Gamecocks sent the Duke Blue Devils packing with an 88-81 victory.
Three other teams barely survived upset Sunday as North Carolina, the one seed in the South Region, trailed Arkansas late before pulling away in the final seconds to win 72-65. Kentucky held on to beat Wichita State 65-62 in a two versus ten matchup, and Oregon came back from being down double digits in the second half to beat Rhode Island 75-72.
The Sweet 16 games will begin Thursday. Here are the matchups (all times MST):
(7) Michigan vs. (3) Oregon- Midwest Region, Thursday 5:09 pm
(4) West Virginia vs (1) Gonzaga- West Region, Thursday 5:39 pm
(4) Purdue vs (1) Kansas- Midwest Region, Thursday 7:39 pm
(11) Xavier vs (2) Arizona- West Region, Thursday 8:09 pm
(4) Butler vs (1) North Carolina- South Region, Friday 5:09 pm
(7) South Carolina vs (3) Baylor- East Region, Friday 5:29 pm
(3) UCLA vs (2) Kentucky- South Region, Friday 7:39 pm
(8) Wisconsin vs (4) Florida- East Region, Friday 7:59 pm